Download the ESHG 2017 Conference App
The 2017 ESHG Conference App for smartphones and tablets is now available for iOS and Android.
– Browse the programme by day or session type
– Read the abstracts
– Take notes and print or email them to you or your colleagues
– Add talks and sessions to your personal itinerary
– Browse exhibitors by name or keyword
– See speaker profiles and add your own to get in contact with your colleagues
– Have useful information, floor plans etc. always available.
Please note the following important points:
- The download from the App Store or the Play Store will just install the “functional shell” of the app but not the content.
When you will launch the app for the first time, it will check for content (and subsequently for updates) and download it accordingly. Please make sure to start it for the first time in a cost free/WIFI environment. Do remember that WIFI networks in conference centres get easily saturated at times, especially in breaks.
- The App will ask you for a number of permissions. In an iOS environment, the app will ask for each permission separately, only if your action requires it. In an Android environment, all permissions are often presented “at once” and may sometimes come as a surprise, as the connection may not be obvious at first.What can be asked for by the App:
- Access to the internet, in order to download the actual content and to update regularly.
- Access to the Network state in order to check whether the update may (or may not) currently be downloaded. (You will have your own settings in view of data download by WIFI, cellular, or in a roaming situation etc…)
- Access to external storage, in case you did not save the app in the internal memory, but on a memory card.
- Receive notifications. We may send you a small number of push messages during the conference in oder to remind or alert you of important issues. No push messages from sponsors will be sent!
- Access your contacts. The app contains profiles of speakers and delegates which you may want to add to your contacts. For this, the app will need the permission to read and write to your contacts.
- Access to your calendar. You may wish to add papers or entire sessions to your calendar in order to create your own agenda and e.g. set reminders to attend a specific session/meeting. For this, the app requires permission to access your calendar.
- Wake your phone from the lock status. In order to display push messages and calendar reminders.
- Please be assured that neither the ESHG nor the App developers are collecting any of your private data, with the only exception of the (anonymous) total number of downloads, provided by Google and Apple.