Thank you for having agreed to act as an invited speaker at the ESHG 2017 Conference in Copenhagen. The organisers would very much appreciate, if you could spare a few minutes to make an abstract of your talk accessible to the audience. Please find below guidelines for the online submission.
Guidelines for submission
Please read the instructions carefully.
- The text should not exceed 300 words (max. limit 500 words), excluding title and authors.
- A maximum of three institutions per author is allowed.
- Tables may be included.
- No graphics are allowed.
Before you get started…
Type your abstract in a common Word Processor (e.g. MS Word). Please save a copy of the file with the abstract text only (no title or authors). This file can then be used for a “file upload” (most convenient way of submission). The upload feature supports and converts tables within the document. Special characters are widely supported.
When entering the site…
An account with your name has already been created. The proposed title of your talk has been entered in the system.
Please login with the login and password sent to you by email on the right side of the page (“returning users”). In case you cannot retrieve your access data, please email us.
In the welcome area you will see “Invited Abstracts” in a grey frame. Below this, you will see the proposed title of your talk* with a yellow “incomplete” button. Please click on the title in order to enter the remaining data step by step:
- Author(s). The first author was pre-filled by the system. You may correct the data or enter additional authors. You will be able to change the sequence of the authors in case this is necessary.
You will have to enter a disclosure information for each author.
- Abstract Text. The text can be uploaded from a “Word” document (formatting, special characters and tables will be recognised) or simply “copied/pasted”. Format, tables and special characters are recognised only when using Internet Explorer.
- up to 3 Keywords (optional)
- In case you need to change the proposed title*, simply click on the “Title” step in the navigation bar, edit the text and save your entry by clicking “Continue”. Please note: The system is currently experiencing issues when copy/pasting the title from a Word document into the Abstract Title Box (the system might give you an error message stating that the title exceeds 1,000 characters). Please type in the title, in case you need to amend it from the one proposed and inform us via email so that we can update the website with the new title of your talk.
*Please note: In case we did not yet receive a tentative title of your abstract, the abstract will display “Title to be confirmed”. Please change it accordingly.
You will see a summary of your submission in the last step (“Review my work“), which you may print. The “incomplete” icon should now have turned into a green “complete” icon in the welcome area.
General Information on Abstract Submission and FAQ
- The system is optimised for MS Internet Explorer 7.0 and higher. Some advanced features will be available only with this browser. However, submission is possible with other browser versions. A list of compatible browsers is given on the login page.
- When using Internet Explorer, please deactivate the “compatibility view”.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The system is currently experiencing issues when copy/pasting the title from a Word document into the Abstract Title Box (the system might give you an error message stating that the title exceeds 1,000 characters). Please type in the title, in case you need to amend it from the one proposed.
- Cookies must be enabled on your system
Corrections – Amendments
- The title of your abstract is displayed in the Welcome Area, together with the information on whether the submission is complete or incomplete. To edit the abstract, simply click on the title step.
- Changes and editing can be made at any time.
- The submission system stores the information in “real time”. The moment you reach the Summary within the submission process and the system tells you “This submission is complete” your abstract is completed and has been received. However you will still be able to come back and make modifications until the deadline.
- Please make sure you print the summary page for your records. The system also has an e-mail confirmation feature. Simply click the appropriate link on the summary page and fill in your email address(es) in the appropriate box.
For support during the submission process, please send an email to conference(at)eshg.org or call ++43 1 405 13 83 11 weekdays, between 9.00 – 17.00 hrs CET.
Deadline for submission is April 27, 2017
This is the date until which we can guarantee that the abstract will appear in all publications of the meeting. A submission after this date is very welcome, and a publication in the online database as well as the Conference App will be possible any time.