The ESHG awards prizes of EUR 500.- for outstanding research by young scientists presented as a spoken contribution at the conference. All young scientists submitting spoken presentations were encouraged to apply. The nominee is the first author (i.e. presenting author) of the presented abstract, pre- or post-doctoral (not more than 4 years after PhD/MD).
Awards are given in the following categories:
- ESHG Young Investigator Awards for Outstanding Science
- Isabelle Oberlé Award for Research on Genetics of Mental Retardation
- Lodewijk Sandkuijl Award for the best talk in Statistical Genetics
- Vienna Medical Academy Award for the best talk in Translational Medicine
- Mia Neri Award for the best talk in Cerebral Cancer Research
We have asked the candidates to answer the following questions:
- Q1: Date and city of birth
- Q2: What is your current position?
- Q3: Why did you choose a career in genetics?
- Q4: What is so interesting about the research you are presenting at ESHG 2016?